Cyndi has been speaking for over 15 years at National Capital area engagements and national addiction related conferences. On this topic, she provides two types of presentations: one for the person wanting to determine if they can keep drinking and the other for treatment providers who want to know the same for their clients. The second presentation is for social workers, therapists, counselors, attorneys, nurses, addiction professionals, psychologists, educators, and EAP workers who need continuing education to maintain licenses and certifications.
The presentations are typically 90 minutes with a question and answer period, but can be tailored to fit the host’s needs. She can present with her business partner or alone.
About the Book
Morgan James’s new release, Can I Keep Drinking? How You Can Decide When Enough is Enough by Cyndi Turner sheds new light on recovery for those struggling with alcohol.
Everyone knows the Alcoholics Anonymous scene made cliché by Hollywood. Failure seems to be just as systematic as folding chairs and circle-sitting in a community center gymnasium. In reality, ninety percent of treatment programs that address alcohol use disorders require total abstinence. This is only necessary for six percent of the population.
Alcohol is a part of life and is a large component of merrymaking in society. This, coupled with the inundation of its dangers has created a lot of confusion leading a lot of people to ask, “Do I have a problem?” The spectrum of alcohol use isn’t as black and white as it may seem. There are ninety million drinkers experiencing problems in America, but they are not all alcoholics who need to give up drinking completely. Cyndi Turner provides a refreshingly moderate look at alcohol use. Can I Keep Drinking? helps many craft a healthier relationship with alcohol.
Challenging the traditional treatment models for problems with alcohol
Tangible tools to have a healthier relationship with alcohol
Mixing humor and directness in reference to best practice models
- What was the inspiration for Can I Keep Drinking?
- In one of your presentations, I heard you handed out water, donuts, cucumbers, and pickles. What is this about?
- I thought if you drank too much you were an alcoholic. Is that not the case?
- Tell me about the “How Do I Know If I Can Keep Drinking Quiz.”
- What are some moderation tools?
- What should someone trying moderation be careful of?
- What do you do if you find out you are an alcoholic?
- How is the treatment community responding?
- Why are your clients getting better?
- What if someone starts moderation but then relapses?
- Can moderation apply to other substances or behaviors?
- Are you in recovery?
- Where can I get your book?
- What other resources do you recommend?
- Where can you find a moderation friendly therapist?